Resources for More Information
The Internet is full of information on complementary therapies and it changes day by day. Below we have selected some of the more useful web sites and books.
Below is a set of links to other Health Kinesiology™ web sites that you might also like to visit. These are independent web sites, not maintained by us, so we cannot be held responsible for their contents. Below that is also a list of other interesting web sites on complementary therapy.
Go to websites on health kinesiology
Go to websites on other therapies and areas of interest
Websites on Health Kinesiology
- International Health Kinesiology SiteThis is Jimmy Scott’s web site. Jimmy Scott, a Canadian, is the founder of Health Kinesiology™. His site has more information on HK and further case studies. There is also a useful BioEnergetic Allergy Tap Manual available for downloading from this site.
- UK Kinesiology FederationThis is the web site of the UK’s Kinesiology Federation – the umbrella organisation that oversees all the different types of kinesiology practiced in UK. It currently contains items of interest mostly to practitioners, students and prospective students. It also contains information on non-Kinesiology core subjects required for practitioner status.
- Health Kinesiology In New ZealandAnn Parker and Sandie Lovell are now on the internet in New Zealand. You can see their web site here:Http://Www.Vitalhealthmatters.Com and for the HK New Zealand site, use this link:Http://Www.Healthkinesiology.Co.Nz
- Optimum Health BalanceOptimum Health Balance (OHB) kinesiology is a successful UK therapy that uses vibrational symbols as its method of examination and analysis. The web site contains a list of therapists and practitioners in UK and explains OHB kinesiology:Http://Www.Ohb4health.Co.Uk/
- BCMA The British Complementary Medicine AssociationThe Voice of Complementary Medicine. An Umbrella organisation representing 60 organisations, Associations, Schools and Colleges (Approx. 25,000 Practitioners). All practitioners accepted to BCMA are subject to BCMA Code of Conduct and Law and Ethics Http://Www.Bcma.Co.Uk/
- Touch For HealthAs practitioners know, TFH is one of the foundation skills taught to all trainees in kinesiology. It teaches how to restore our natural energies using acupressure, touch and massage to improve postural balance and reduce physical and mental pain and tension. This site offers TFH seminars, a catalog of educational materials, self help and other Touch for Health techniques. You can also subscribe to the free newsletter.
- Life-Work PotentialThis is the personal web site of Jane Thurnell-Read. Jane brought Health Kinesiology to UK and managed its development for many years. Her web site offers information on test kits for kinesiology, copies of Jane’s articles and information on Jane’s own courses. Well worth a visit. Http://Www.Lifeworkpotential.Com/
- Australian Kinesiology AssociationThe Australian Kinesiology Association Inc is a non-profit organisation dedicated to educating people across the globe in natural health care techniques based on kinesiology. The AKA represents the professional interests of kinesiology practitioners, as well as the personal interests of students and the public.
- Belgian Health Kinesiology SiteThis is the HK site for Belgium and contains information on Belgium courses. Information on this site is of interest to French readers. In French.
- German Health Kinesiology Site
This is one of the HK sites for Germany. There are photographs of a muscle being tested and of points being held. There is plenty more of interest here if you can read German.
Dr. Jimmy Scott teaches in Kirchzarten, near Freiburg. This site gives dates for these workshops as well as those given in German by more local teachers. In German.
- German Kinesiology SiteA site listing all the practitioners in this region of Germany. It also includes seminars in the area and recommended books in German.
- Switzerland – Health Kinesiology Verband SweizA relatively new Swiss site, with German text.
- Austrian Kinesiology NetworkAn attractive new site, with German text, listing Austrian Kinesiology therapists.
- Regrowing Hair Naturally
Federation of Holistic Therapists
This website is for any HK practitioner or student that wishes to join as a member and to be part of support groups around the UK.
Whether you practise as a complementary, beauty or sports therapist, the FHT has varying types of membership to offer, depending on your qualifications and experience. Www.Fht.Org.Uk.
Websites on Complementary Therapies and Areas of Interest
- Natural Health WebThe Quick and Easy Guide to Natural Health and Alternative Medicine . This web site contains a lot of information about various therapies including kinesiology and links to many more web sites.
- Positive Health Magazine
An excellent, thought provoking publication that has carried several supportive editorial features on kinesiology, as well as lots of other features on holistic therapies. One of the best. It is worth subscribing to the magazine – always an interesting to read.
- What Doctors Don’t Tell You
There are many web sites that offer to list therapists, often for an annual fee. Most of them are just the web equivalent of Yellow Pages and not much use in bringing in inquiries because of the way they are constructed (the coding does not help search engines to locate therapists by location). But this site is different – it does the job properly. The editorial is also very interesting and well written. An excellent site that has a lot of visitors. It is also worth subscribing to their monthly publication.
- Cygnus BooksThis free magazine is a gem! They select the best mind body spirit books from the 100s published every month, and make them available to you at reduced prices so that you can feed your soul….without burning a hole in your pocket! Available at MBS festivals and by mail. Their free monthly magazine has reviews of all the best MBS books – apply online for your copy. Well worthwhile!
- BalensBalens provide insurance for therapists – and cover a range of different therapies. They have special expertise and long experience in successfully providing services for health practitioners and healthcare organisations.
- The Organic StoreA directory of organic food, farms, restaurants, cafes, shops, pubs, markets, bakeries and other organic suppliers in the UK. A fascinating web site, full of useful information for everyone who is interested in what we eat and where to get good organic food. Useful and well worth a visit.
- Angular Chelitis
Cheilitis is defined as a condition in which your lip becomes inflamed and irritated. Angular is defined as a corner or angle. So angular cheilitis’ literal definition is inflammation and irritation within your mouth corners.
- Foods MatterThis magazine contains a range of features on all aspects of allergies and food intolerances. Available every 2 months from supermarkets like ASDA, Sainsbury, Morrisons etc, it is well worth seeking out a copy. If you like it, why not subscribe.
See their web site: Http://Www.Allergymagazine.Com/
- Organic PortalThis useful directory lists organic food suppliers in England , Scotland, Wales and Ireland – farm shops, veg box home deliveries, organic farms and other organic information.
- Test4AllergiesThis is a UK web site devoted to allergies and food intolerances. It includes background information on allergies and intolerances and looks at various testing methods. There is also a link to 140 therapists across UK.
- Action Against AllergyA national charity providing information, advice and support to all sufferers of allergy-related illness and those who care for them. It offers contact details of your nearest allergy specialists, clinics or dietitians. Membership gives access to a talk-line network and free magazine.
Call 020 8892 4949 or visit Http://Www.Actionagainstallergy.Co.Uk
- Chemical Free.Co.Uk
An organisation that offers free information and a support group for anyone affected by multiple chemical sensitivity and multiple food intolerance.
- Silenciomusic.Co.UkA site containing inspiring music for relaxation & healing; CDs & mp3s which have been specially composed to create an ambient oasis of tranquility and peace, as an aid to vital relaxation and to help combat stress.
- Soothing MindsA starting point for everyone interested in healing energy for themselves, family and friends using sound, colour therapy, crystals, body and mind. Sign up for free monthly ezine including articles a variety of healing modalities.
- MoonslipperGhosts and the paranormal This lady specialises in spirit clearing work, and also ley lines and everything to do with making your home a holistic and happy one, including eco-products , crystals and tips on clearing clutter. It’s a good source of advice and information – given in a down to earth & non scary way!
- Holistic Treatment For DogsThere is a useful web site called Canine Health Concern. It contains a wealth of useful information for dog owners, including a list of holistic vets in UK, notes on vaccination, correct feeding and other interesting topics.
- Health Resource Directory
HealthResourceDirectory.com is a leading health directory including yoga, beauty, healing, complementary, breast cancer, skin disorders, non-toxic living, health insurance, nursing home, long term care, holistic health and more.
- Alkaline Foods
Explode with energy by consuming alkaline foods and water.
- Alcohol And Your Health
This is an informative web site that gives help and advice regarding alcohol, unit intake, facts, tips and tools. It gives you up to date advice on the effects of alcohol on your health and ways to look after yourself.